On the territory of the free zones, the customs regime is ensured by the Customs Service whose activity is coordinated from an organizational point of view with the Administration of the free zone.
According to the legal provisions, on the territory of the free zones is established the regime of obligatory declaration in customs of the goods (services) introduced on and removed from this territory.
Goods, wholly produced or wholly processed in that area, shall be considered as originating in the free zone if:
• there is a change in the position of the goods (of the goods classification code) in the goods nomenclature at the level of one of the first four signs;
• the cost of the declared goods to be exported exceeds the cost of the goods introduced in the free zone due to the increase by over 35 percent of the share of own expenses.
On the goods (services) that have not been sufficiently processed in the free zone, upon their removal from the area on the rest of the customs territory of the Republic of Moldova, the provisions of the customs legislation are extended, in the part referring to the content of the import composition.
• The introduction of local goods for non-commercial purposes, having a value that will not exceed 500 Euros inclusive, is done without completing the customs declaration.
• Possibility to transfer goods / services from a resident to a resident without a customs declaration
• Imported goods are exempt from customs duties, only customs procedures are paid.
• Goods exported to the CIS are exempt from customs duties.
• Exemption from customs duty on exports for some categories of goods in the EU.